Transforming to Future Proof BI Systems
Data Lake, Agile Data Strategy, Logical Data Warehouse, Data Vault, Hadoop, SuperNova, Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Fast Data
International DW/BI conference with Mark Madsen, William McKnight, Rick van der Lans and Bart Baesens
In recent years for developing business intelligence systems, a wealth of new technologies and applications have been introduced, including Hadoop, Spark, data virtualization, in-memory analytics, self-service data preparation, deep analytics, data science, data streaming, SuperNova, and the list goes on. Also, the needs and demands for the BI-systems have evolved considerably. Users want to do more self-service development, yesterday’s data is no longer good enough for analysis, integrated analysis of internal and external data is desirable and agile design techniques are the new normal. BI has changed and will continue to change.
Many traditional BI-systems that are in place in organizations are becoming too rigid for the new changing world. Therefore, the focus of the fourth edition of this conference is on dealing with these changes and taking benefit from the new technological developments.
The conference offers practical guidelines and do’s and don’ts to help you with these current and impending issues. You will meet well-known speakers and thought leaders, including Mark Madsen, William McKnight, Rick van der Lans, Pieter den Hamer, Rutger Rienks, Bart Baessens, Erik Fransen, Jos Kuiper and Kishan Shri. Once again, we managed to set up a very strong line-up with internationally acclaimed speakers who would like to share their knowledge and experience with you.
Attending the Data Warehousing & BI Summit helps organizations to deal with the transition from the traditional BI environment, of which the expiration date may well have passed, to the modern world of BI in which big data, fast data, and data science play a central role.
Some of the main topics that will be discussed these two days:
• Agile Project Management for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Projects
• Simplifying BI-systems by consolidating data warehouses and data marts
• Processing fast data for the purpose of BI; the next frontier of big data
• The potential of information-driven organizations and decision support systems in a smart city
• The lessons we have learned in applying analytics and data science
• How can a data virtualization solution be integrated with a BI/data warehouse architecture?
• Experiences with making Data Vault more flexible through SuperNova
• The importance of the Internet of Data for the semantic web
• The design principles for a data lake
• The integration of logical data lakes and logical data warehouses.
Please have a close look at our detailed Conference outline and register early to benefit from our discounts.
Can you only attend one day? It is possible to attend only the first or only the second conference day and of course the full conference. The presentations by our speakers have been selected in such a way that they can stand on their own. This enables you to attend the second conference day even if you did not attend the first (or the other way around).
Who should attend
The two day DW&BI Summit is geared to for IT Executives, IT Management and Architects, business intelligence and data warehousing professionals who wish to take a detailed and practical look at the latest developments in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. The following professionals should attend:
• IT executives and managers
• Sponsors of BI and DW programs
• Business technology managers
• BI/DW project managers
• Data warehousing architects
• Business intelligence practitioners
• Business analysts
• Data scientists
• Technology architects
• Data architects and data modelers
• Project and program managers
• Data integrators
• Developers of BI and DW systems
• Business and IT consultants.
The city of Amsterdam
Are you considering to prolong your stay in Amsterdam? A wise thing to do when you are traveling from abroad. Things to do and see in and around Amsterdam are countless but you can use the website page “I amsterdam” as a starting point.
Click here to download the PDF brochure of this conference.
Gold and Platinum partners
Exhibitors & Media partners